Studying law abroad in London can be a super educational opportunity. Here are six things you may not know about this experience.
Law schools may seem similar no matter their location; however, here are six things you didn’t know about studying law in London.
1. London is the venue for more international legal cases than any city in the world. This level of experience in international simply cannot be matched anywhere else.
2. International contracts are often governed by English commercial law. Due to the enduring nature of English common law, its influence is long-standing and far-reaching, providing London’s law students with highly transferable and valuable training.
3. UK law degrees are internationally recognised and respected. Once you’ve earned your law degree in London, you’ll find it is accepted in many countries.
4. There are three separate legal systems in the UK. They are England and Wales, North Ireland, and Scotland. Your university admissions department can help you decide which to pursue.
5. Not all London law programmes are unaffordable. Many London universities offer law degrees, so there is a range of programmes available for most budgets.
6. The university and business collaboration in the UK is among the top in the world. You can grow your professional network while you study and learn from the best in your field.